02 October 2012

Sorry....



Shit, I need money. Not just because of the whole shitload of xbox games coming this way, but also because we have to eat, pay the vet and pay the bills. This year has cost us, insulin pens en extra medication (not completely covered by insurance), severe dental care (broken front tooth, not completely covered by insurance), 2 bicycles (and then some repairs, wheels, tires etc.), new refrigerator, up to 500 euro’s veterinary costs and if that was it, we would have managed, but it isn’t. More and more surprises came our way, none actually ended up as financially favorable and off course my wife lost her job because some idiots think it’s okay that you’re too old and too expensive at 31.

So funds are … lacking … at best.


for sale...
So being in a shitty mood as of late I have decided to change some things one of which will be felt throughout my circle of acquaintances. First, as you may have noticed I decided trying to make money on my artwork (deviant art, spreadshirt). And as much as I love you guys, really I do and I feel honored to have been asked for various projects the past few years. But today I have taken up my last free-of-charge gig. From now on all new projects regarding writing, blogging, designing tattoos and doing Tarot readings (though all made promises will of course be kept) will have to be paid for. I am in no sense greedy, but I am spending a lot of hours on good will and charity and I can’t keep it up anymore. Also, how can I expect to make money on artwork I am handing out for free elsewhere?

Because of my health I have little time besides my day job and what time I spend awake I am going to invest smart by either doing what’s good for me or doing what’s good for paying the bills, which is also good for me. Maybe when things start looking up again I can start picking up favors and freebies again, but for now I am sticking to commitments already made or paid jobs.

I am truly sorry, but I feel that over the past years I have built some skills, which have cost me time and money and even bits of my physical and mental health (headed towards a burnout on more than one occasion) and like any job which costs you time and requires some skill I feel a compensation is not unreasonable… and to be frank, I really need the cash too. It's messed up feeling like shit asking for money for time and effort you invest, but I do and I AM sorry.

So there it is, me being a whiney biatch again… 

No comments:

Post a Comment